Monday, June 8, 2009

bread machine, elves, dream of runes, clouds

My little wayward bread machine found its way home today. FedEx couldn't figure out our rural address on Fri., so it didn't come until this morning. So we made our first loaf and it took about 4 hours. It wasn't perfect yet because we have to experiment with the high altitude adaptations to the recipe, but it was still an awesome loaf. So we had roast beef sandwiches for dinner and alas i must admit defeat to the bread. I couldn't finish my sandwich, it was so huge and hearty and packed with wheaty fiber. I normally always finish everything on my plate, because that way i win, not the food, but this time it was all different. I had to just walk away and the dogs got the left over bites that i just couldn't finish.

So we started reading Elves, Wights, and Trolls today, and wow, i'm kind of at an overload of new information right now. I had some prior knowledge of land wights etc. before but i think this book is what i need to make it all connect in my brain. Its very good so far. I think the most practical thing i have learned so far to better my interactions with our local wights/elves/trolls is that i should be warning them when relieving myself outside, so as not to disrespect any spirits. I have so much more to learn. Speaking of learning, i have been trying to learn the very basics of the runes, but last Dec. Shevy met some other heathen folks at an art show, and they actually don't live too far away from us, just a bit south of here, but also in the middle of no where. Anyway one of them has been studying the runes for a long time and he had told Shevy that if we ever had any questions about anything to ask away. Back in April i had another intense dream involving Odin this time. He showed me two runes, and i got the distinct impression that he wants me to learn them and all other associated info. and wisdom. A daunting task, but one i know i must do now. So we just wrote a letter to our new friends and i have a feeling, but i'm not sure yet, that i may have a teacher to aid me.

It is cloudy or more like hazey today, and cool and windy. Not like June should be. Something still feels odd about it. No more rain though, but the gardens are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment